Friday, May 20, 2011

A Day For a Dress

When I woke up to sunshine this morning, I knew I wanted to wear a dress, so here it is:

This bag and this pair of shoes are my two favorite things I own! 



I was up bright an early to go have coffee with a friend that I haven't seen in forever! It was wonderful.
Then, I went to the Macaroni Grill with my mom for lunch and had this:
Shrimp portofino. This dish had the most amazing butter sauce that I have ever tasted in my whole life. It was great.
Afterwards, my mom and I went to a different CVS to see if I could get a physical for my job starting on Tuesday. Surprise, surprise, NO CVS's do employment physicals, even though that's where my work told me to go. So we got back in the car, and panic started to set in. I need to start work Tuesday. I wanted to start this week, but I didn't know about all the paperwork and crap I needed to do beforehand. Another week of nothing would result in loss of money and extreme boredom. My mom had called our actual doctor last week, only to be told that she was booked for three weeks. So we're sitting there in the car and she calls again, just to make sure. As the phone's ringing I was just praying. Please God let someone cancel or something. Turns out they had an opening for Monday morning, mere hours before I have to turn in my paperwork to start training on Tuesday. I'm starting work next week! It's a freaking miracle! I honestly never thought this day would come where I have a guaranteed job that I will most likely love.
A good friend once told me that one way to know where you're supposed to be is to examine the problems you have along the way. When applying for school I experienced months of uncertainty and it was a period of trusting God, and that is how I feel about this job too.

So after all that excitement, I saw Bridesmaids with another friend tonight. It was a great movie, besides some unnecessary sex scenes that really did not need to be there. But in the end, the funny parts weighed out the annoying. The writing was really good, and Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig were great together, as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment