Sunday, September 4, 2011

Minnesota's Grand Get Together

September has thrust itself upon us, and alas, being in Minneapolis I found myself at the Minnesota State Fair this weekend with my best girl, K'rin. Now I thought the Taste of Chicago was crowded, but boy do Minnesotans know how to jam a place up. It didn't help that it is in fact Labor Day weekend, but all the same, it was a fun day.





I'd never seen so many different kinds of chickens in my life! 













The food there was insane. I'd never seen so many different deep fried items in my life, and I unfortunately had the experience of trying a deep fried Reese's Cup. It was amazing. These particular artery-cloggers were breaded potato skins with cheese and ranch dressing. They were tasty, but after a few bites every cell in my body was recoiling from MSG overload. 

Classes started this week, and I'm actually quite saddened to say that none of mine this semester seem interesting. Hopefully Brit Lit will pick up a bit after we get through Medieval poetry. 

I've also started reading some blogs about traveling in Paris. This uncontrollable obsession flares up every now and then and all I can think about is being there. I also get in this really weird mood where all I want to do is look at wedding dresses. Combine these two and I'm practically planning my wedding at a French chateau. But honestly, what could be better? 




But right now I'd settle for a little flat on the Seine with a kitten and my books.

Parfait.











No comments:

Post a Comment