Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight in Paris

I stayed home from work today because I have a killer cold and I'm too dizzy to really do anything but sit on my couch. So being slightly bored, I hopped onto www.letmewatchthis.ch, which is a great online sharing site with a lot of movies and shows. One of their new movies was Midnight in Paris, starring Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen, Carla Bruni, Kathy Bates, and Marion Cotillard. Being currently obsessed with all things French and since I'm going to Paris in March, I loved this movie. The writing was a bit shaky, but the ending made up for it. Here's a synopsis from IMDB:

A romantic comedy about a family traveling to the French capital for business. The party includes a young engaged couple forced to confront the illusion that a life different from their own is better.


Basically, Owen Wilson's character goes back in time to Paris in the 1920s, and meets famous artists and writers of the time. I have no idea how I didn't hear about this movie with all the great actors in it, but it was a good one. You can watch it here.


And, of course, being set in the 20s, the fashion was marvelous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment