Friday, July 15, 2011

reading

I used to hate rereading books. I would never do it. When I would finish a book I would be done with it and that was that. It bored me to know the ending, to see it coming, but somewhere along the line, that all changed. Rereading books now is like stepping back into a world I temporarily forgot about. The memories start to flow as the somewhat familiar plot is unmasked and the lost details reveal themselves as the story closes itself around me. It's almost better than reading it the first time. Almost.

I'm currently rereading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and it could possibly be my favorite book. The language is beautiful and the plot and subject are both extremely interesting and enticing. I first read this book last year in a book club and really loved it. And now for the second time, I cannot put it down. I would highly recommend it. The next book on my list is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It was recommended to me by a friend and I'm really excited to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment