Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Decorating Fever

With the notification of which room I will be in next semester, I have quickly gotten addicted to interior design. I started perusing Tumblr and Apartment Therapy for ideas for some creative decorating. I've been really interested in repurposing and using unlikely things to decorate. I have some DIY projects that I'm excited to do this summer too. Here are some things that I have been looking at:

I love the idea of displaying scarves, jewelry, and bags as decor. These cute hooks make it fun too!
I have lots of mugs that take up a lot of space, so these ideas are perfect for wall decor and saving space.

I love having plants in my room, and the tea pot idea is so cute! I also love the simple, clean look of light colored flowers in simple jars.
These jars are so beautiful and really easy to make! There's a great DIY for these here.


I also love the idea of using maps as decor, but they are little boring just slapped up on the wall. These ideas are so creative! I'm seriously considering using the door idea and maybe using something else besides a map too. 

I thought this idea was really original by using different fabrics as wall decor, and these mittens are adorable and great for winter.

(P.S. I like the keys here not the ouija board.) 

I love these unlikely decorations. I can't wait to start thrifting to find these beauties! 

I thought this idea was really clever.

These next two things are my main priorities this summer. I absolutely love them and I want to make them! 

2 comments: