Friday, April 22, 2011

One Unlikely Skirt, Two Great Outfits

I recently went thrift shopping at the Salvation Army in Minneapolis with two of my friends, and it is now my favorite place to go for vintage dresses, skirts and bags. I saw the following skirt and was apprehensive, but after playing with it I was able to get some great ideas for it. I love the pattern because it's very springy.


Way to wear it #1: at the waist with a belt


#2: As a dress with the waist belted with jeans. I've become a fan of dresses with jeans.

I love them both, but I chose look number 2 for my Easter outfit this Sunday. 

Along with this skirt and belt, I found an adorable dress. 
This was my outfit for the Civil Wars concert, which I will post a blog about later.
This is my new favorite bag. It reminds me of my great grandfather's doctor bag that my sisters and I used to play with when we were little. It fits a ton of stuff in it and the strap is the perfect length. 



1 comment:

  1. Great skirt! Love how you styled it both as a dress & a maxi skirt. And that polka dot dress looks lovely on you! Awesome thrift finds!

    Mint & Mellow

    ReplyDelete