Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Travel Blogging Failure

The plan to fully explain and share each day of my wonderful stay in New York was obviously not fulfilled. Here's the short version.

I visited multiple boating towns along the northern shore of Long Island. These were exceedingly beautiful and full of New England charm.




This was my favorite shot of my whole trip. Port Jeff, NY

We then took the train into the city and saw Chicago on Broadway at the Ambassador Theater. The musical was amazing and I much enjoyed the smallness of the theater. We then briefly viewed Times Square, where we saw movie trailers parked near the sidewalk. After this we went to 30 Rock, which was surreal. There were so many people at 30 Rock that it literally was like one giant mosh pit. Despite the crowd, I enjoyed photographing this wonderful establishment. 



The next day we headed to the Hamptons, where we enjoyed the beautiful beaches and observing the posh people who live there. 





We spent New Years at my aunt's friend's house in Sea Cliff, NY. This was probably one of the best New Years experiences I've had. The company and the location were more than ideal.
Shamu, our lovely hostess's beautiful Newfoundland





My goals for this trip were to enjoy traveling to a place that I'd never been, but the people I met ended up being the highlight. 

While in New York, I discovered by a good friend a summer study abroad program that I would like to pursue. Two months in Pau, France, which is in the southwest corner, two hours from Spain. Exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment